Saturday, January 14, 2012

Summer Activities with my Boys

I want to have activities/crafts for my boys over the summer, so I am mapping it out now.

Here is the plan:
2 activities/crafts each week from May til August.
Did the math and that is 32 activities/crafts. 

I will be using these blogs for all my activities: 

I don't want to waste to much time looking stuff up, looking for something really "cool". My motto here to: "Just do something with your children that doesn't involving the computer or t.v." 
Ages: oldest is 4 and youngest is 2 

Theme's make me nervous so I won't be doing any of those. 

I will start prep-ing now in January because January is 4 months away from Summer. 

May crafts: 
week 4- I spy  bouncy ball 2nd ball

Notes: My oldest 's last day of School is May 28th, so the 1st three weeks we will do our actives after school on (Thursdays) and on Sundays. 


Supplies for May:
Markers
 construction paper in various colors
water- we used a spray bottle
shallow tray- we used a spray bottle
clear plastic wrap
stapler
glue
blue paint

paper plate
fingerpaint
construction paper
clear plastic wrap
Sharpie marker

white construction paper
blue paint
fine sand
seashells

-2 small boxes of pudding
-2 packages Golden Oreos (the generic kind will do just fine as well)
-1/2 stick butter
-8 oz. cream cheese
-3 1/2 cups of milk
-1 c. powdered sugar
-1 container Cool Whip (which I didn’t have either)


baby food containers (or other small containers)
 letter stickers

empty and completely dry water bottle
sand
a funnel, glitter, various trinkets and craft supplies that will fit through the hole of the water bottle (I got the tiny blocks and sports erasers on clearance)
index card 
hot glue gun 
scrap piece of fabric. 

 1 foam pool noodle
 sharp kife
toothpicks
Elmer's glue (NOT craft/tacky glue)
food coloring
Borax
Cornstarch

Stained Glass Butterfly I can teach my child
coffee filters 
markers 
spray bottle with water
black piece of construction paper 
scissors 
contact paper 


June crafts
week  4  Earth Mobile  Dinosaur 


Supplies for June
"Cool" Ice Art (momto2poshlildivas)
balloons
water
measuring tape
salt
food coloring
paper & pen 

Dancing Raisins
sprite/7-up or other clear soda
raisins
clear cup, bottle or other container

Sight Word Discovery Bottles

clean & dried bottles 
(Gatorade, Powerade, etc work well because they are larger!)
uncooked rice
food coloring (optional)
rubbing alcohol (used only if coloring rice)
ziploc bag


Rainbow Fun (momto2poshlildivas)
bag of skittles
Skittles Math Sheets
clear cups
jello in rainbow colors


Paper Towel Roll Octopus (momto2poshlildivas)

paper towel roll
paint
brushes

Fizz, Bubble&Pop! 
baking soda
vinegar
spoons
clear cups or containers
the clear cups were fun to use but you can use whatever you have on hand - even muffin tins
food coloring - optional
*I recommend a tray to hold any spills

Earth Mobile (momto2poshlildivas)

1 small paper plate
blue paint
green tissue paper (cut into small squares)
glue
small brown paper bag
construction paper (choice color)
markers
yarn/string
hole puncher

Letter D cut-out (card stock)
foam cut-outs of feet, tail, neck & head
(optional) small triangle cut-outs
wiggly eye
black permanent marker
construction paper (for background)



July crafts


Supplies for July
Ecosystem Cranberry Corner
3 clear 2-liter (empty) soda bottles
clear packing tape
aquarium gravel
water
dechlorinator
rubber band
4" piece of netting (I used cut up pantyhose)
soil
fish, snails, or other aquatic life
elodea, (which is banned in CA), duck weed (which the store didn't have), anachris, or other aquatic plants
crickets, pill bugs, earthworms
a few dead leaves and small sticks

A Beach Ball
A Permanent Marker



Reading Comprehension Beach Ball I can tech my child.com
a beach ball ($0.99 at Target) and a permanent marker
A book to read
comprehension questions


Balloon People Kids Activities blog
craft foam
Balloons
glue


Apple Seed "A" I can tech my child.com
red and white construction paper 
glue 
several apple seeds

one foam pool noodle
 sharp knife,
 Sharpie rope (I couldn’t find any around here so we used rubber weatherproofing!)
 pipe cleaner 
  hot glue gun and googly eyes.


"C" is for Cow I can tech my child.com
 white piece of construction paper
black crayon
scissors.


How to Make a Fishing Game Kids Activities blog
fish and sea creatures to “fish”
blue paper
string
pipe cleaners
crayons
sticks
scissors


"F" is for Fish I can tech my child.com
construction paper
scissors 
glue stick
bendy straw

August crafts 


Supplies for August
Wind Chimes mom to 2 Posh Lil divas 

Paper Cups 
paint - we used outdoor acrylic paints
brushes
beads (various sizes, shapes & colors)
colored plastic straws
string
small jingle bells
hole puncher
pipe cleaner
button
pencil


Rainbow Mosaic I can tech my child.com
 paint samples (in red, yellow, blue, green, purple), 
scissors
piece of white cardstock or construction paper
glue stick
 
Tangled Pumpkin I can tech my child.com
yarn (preferably orange)
 glue, waxed paper, 
 orange paint(if not using orange yarn


"X" is for X-Ray I can tech my child.com
Q-Tips
 glue 
 black construction paper


"S" is for Sunflower I can tech my child.com


construction paper
small sunflowers
glue
sunflower seeds


Balloon Rocket Kids Activities blog

  • drinking straw cut into 1 inch pieces
  • fishing line
  • two trees or something in your backyard to anchor the fishing line 100 feet apart
  • plastic bottle
  • two long balloons
  • tape

Reading Comprehension Beach Ball  
I can tech my child.com
a beach ball ($0.99 at Target) and a permanent marker
A book to read
comprehension questions



Faux Tie Dye  (momto2poshlildivas)
coffee filtersscissors
dot markers/bingo daubers




Ok, I have my  activities/crafts, now I need to gather my supplies and put them somewhere I can find them. OH, BOY! no more copying and pasting links. I must get up now.....
5/1/2012: I have my list all made!!!
As of today it is Spring Break. I have now until May 1st to collect all my supplies. I will start these crafts with the boys the 1st week of May.  My oldest will still be in school, so we will do them after he gets home. ~ Wish me luck.  


As of today April 2nd(Monday) I realized that I need to get my supplies together.


1st I'll make a list. I should have this done by the 6th.(Friday)ok so it was the 1st of May



 BABY PHOTOGRAPHY, CHILD PHOTOGRAPHY GALVESTON BEACH, FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHER LEAGUE CITY,TX, FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHY, TOMBALL,TX BABY PHOTOGRAPHY, LEAGUE CITY,TX FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHER, PEARLAND,TX FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHY, PEARLAND,TX NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHER, GALVESTON BEACH BABY PHOTOGRAPHY, GALVESTON BEACH FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHY, GALVESTON BEACH LIFESTYLE PHOTOGRAPHER, GALVESTON BEACH PHOTOGRAPHY, NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHER TOMBALL,TX , BAY AREA BABY PHOTOGRAPHER, BAY AREA FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHER,PEARLAND FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHER

No comments:

Post a Comment